Application to Foster
We are delighted that you are considering becoming a foster to one of our furry feline friends. As a foster, you have the opportunity to provide a loving, temporary home for cats in need, and help them on their journey to finding their forever home.
We provide our cat foster parents with all the necessary supplies and support, We also offer ongoing guidance and assistance to ensure that you feel comfortable and confident in your role as a foster.
We appreciate your interest in our program and look forward to working with you to help give our cats the love and care they deserve.
Foster home requirements:
- Fosters must have prior experience with taking care of a cat.
- Fosters must have the ability to pick up their own supplies (food, litter etc.) and/or transport a cat to and from the vet.
- We foster to indoor homes only, no exceptions. We therefore require you to have secure screens on your windows and to ensure the cats cannot get out of your home at any time.
- We require your own animals to have up-to-date vaccinations. Even so, colds and other illnesses may enter your home with the foster cat(s), so it’s not advisable for the fostered animals to mingle with your pets. Friendly older cats and dogs can be a great comfort for young, orphaned kittens once an isolation period of a week to 10 days has passed.
- The space required for fostering is a spare room or bathroom where the foster kittens/cats can be separated from your own animals.
- We don’t accept applications from foster homes that include more than two unrelated roommates. These homes tend to have more people coming and going and more visitors, which increases the risk of cats escaping from windows or doors that are inadvertently left open.